Michael J. Salas, MA, LPC-S, LCDC, CSAT, CMAT
Whether you’re working to overcome problems relating to compulsive sexual behavior, or you’re in a relationship with someone who is struggling with such compulsive behavior, I can help. I understand that discussing issues relating to infidelity, compulsive pornography use or masturbation, and multiple affairs can be shameful to discuss. I will help to make your sessions as comfortable as possible. I’ll listen when you need listened to, and push you when you need this as well.
Contact Michael Today
I can help you and your partner or spouse with the following:
- Managing out of control sexual behavior.
- Regaining trust in your relationship.
- Moving through the shame associated with multiple affairs and infidelity.
- Coping with the trauma of sex addiction.
- Opening up lines of communication after sex addiction discovery.
- Gaining an understanding of the basis of out of control sexual behavior.
- Creating a plan for long-term relapse prevention.
- Regaining sexual intimacy.
- Working with multiple addictions.
My training in sex addiction includes training with Dr. Patrick Carnes, who is the leading proponent in the field of sex addiction. I also have specific training from Pia Mellody, a leading proponent in the field of Love Addiction and Codependence. I understand that people who are dealing with sexual addiction may be dealing with other addictions as well. I’m highly trained in helping people with issues relating to substance abuse, compulsive gambling, and financial and work disorders.
The journey of regaining trust in your relationships and yourself is very intimidating.
I will help you confront difficult situations in your life. I also understand that everyone does this at a different rate. Whether you are sure that you have a problem, and are highly motivated to change, or you’re ambivalent about this issue, you’re at the right place. Regardless, we’ll work to help you open up lines of communication in your relationship, manage your behavior, and regain trust that has been lost. Call me today to learn more about how I can help you get your life and relationship back on track.
As a Certified Sex Therapist, I have specialized training in helping people work with sexual dysfunction, and sexual reconnection. Many couples in sexual addiction recovery struggle with problems with sexual anorexia, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. I can help you reopen lines of communication and identify barriers in your sexual relationship. I can also help you understand problems with sexual trust and trauma, in a way that is balanced, non-shaming, but realistic at the same time.
Many sex addicts are also dealing with problems with substance abuse, gambling, and workaholism. I have specialized training in substance abuse, and financial and work disorders. Many times, it’s important to gain control of these issues in your life, along with the sexual addiction. Whether it’s a problem with alcohol or drugs, compulsive gambling, or work imbalance, I can help.
- Texas Counseling Association
- International Institute for Trauma Addiction Professionals
- Texas Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues in Counseling
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
License and Credentials:
- Masters of Arts Degree in Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor–Supervisor
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist
- Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor by the Texas Board of Addiction Professionals
- Completed Gottman Therapy training levels 1 and 2 for couples therapy
- Trained in EMDR for treatment of trauma
- Certified Daring Way Facilitator
- Trained in Post Induction Therapy